Self-propelled stair for wide body aircraft
The FMC model SMARTSTEP, diesel powered, self-propelled passenger step is designed for universal use. It is capable of servicing aircraft with passenger doors from 2.4 to 5.8 m high.
- The innovative design of the steps makes possible a combination of functional advantages and outstanding technical performances in the areas of safety, stability and load capacity.
- Simple controls and systems – Easy accessibility of components coupled with simple systems to perform all step functions leads to easy maintenance and high customer satisfaction.
- Stair raising cylinder – The single cylinder uses no chains, telescopic rods, or other devices to raise and lower the mobile stair flight. This simple, low-maintenance system combined with the unique flight interface geometry gives full height adjustment with no need of additional cylinders mounted in the support frame.
- The side doors (access platform) are movable, but they can be fixed in order to allow the opening of the passenger doors.
- Spring-mounted front section platform – This feature cushions the impact of the stairs against the aircraft in case of rough positioning and adds the advantage of eliminating any door/platform sill gap.