The GUINAULT ground power unit produces 400Hz and 28VDC power to supply the aircraft during a stop on the ground. The unit can be operated for maintenance and handling purposes.
The engine, driving the alternator, settles the frequency of the alternative generation. The electronic speed regulation ensures the stability of the performances in continuous working and during transiants, as per GPU performances and ain compliance with the standards in force.
When the alternator is driven by the engine at its nominal power, the alternator supplies the power required by the aircraft, up to the dimensioning nominal power and admissible overloads. The voltage regulator ensures the stability of the performances in continuous working and during the load transients, in compliance with the standards in force.
- Distribution according to request : 1 (or 2)×400 Hz circuit (s), 1×28VCC circuit, 1×50 Hz circuit
- Nominal power of the 400 Hz generation : 100 kVA at p.f. 0,8
- admissible overload on the 400 Hz generation : 112 kVA at p.f. 0,8 during 5mn
- Nominal power of the 28 VCC generation : 600A permanent
- admissible overloads on the 28 VCC generation : 800A functional overloads / 2400A at instantaneous peak
- Nominal power of the 50 Hz generation : 2.2 kVA at p.f. 0,8
- Diesel engine : IVECO type NEF45 TM2 at 2182 rpm
- 400 Hz GUINAULT alternator type AS250M150V3
- GUINAULT transformer rectifier unit (TRU) type RS493
- Operating temperature : – 20°C to + 50°C